Monday, June 27, 2011

Natural & Simple Fabric Wreath

I see so many wreaths that are so adorable! I thought I should make a new wreath to hang on my wall. I found this great natural fabric called osnaburg. I like the clean, natural, simple country look it gave to this wreath.

 Materials needed: 2-2.5 yards of fabric, wire hanger, ribbon, wire cutters
 1. Cut fabric into 5" wide strips. I got the strips wet and stuck them into the dryer. Don't iron the strips.You want them to be wrinkled. This makes the wreath look more full.
 2. Leave the edges raw, but cut off the long strings.
3. Open your hanger. Form it into a circle. Poke the fabric onto the hanger. Weave each strip onto the hanger. Make it as full as desired, until you have it complete. I used 2 yards of fabric. I also cut a few inches off both sides of my hanger. You may need to cut the hanger ends shorter to make the circle (wreath) smaller.
 4. Twist the hanger at the ends to connect the wreath. make sure to squeeze it tight enough to stay closed.
5. Tie a piece of fabric on the center top. This way you can hang your wreath. Try other fabrics like burlap, linen or fabric with print. Try different sizes too! I am. :)
 Decorate it any way you wish!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Christine! I LOVE this wreath. I will attempt to do it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...