Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fabric Flower Shirt Front!

  Spring brings flowers right?  It may be warm in some places, but it is still chilly at our house.  I don't think the flowers will be out for a while. So we made some of our own. :)  I added three small pink fabric flowers to a purple shirt my little girl had.  The flowers made the old hammy down more lively and fun! My little sweetie loves the new shirt..which makes me smile!
1. Cut three 1"x11" strips of fabric.
 2. Fold fabric in half long ways. Sew a basting stitch down the frayed edge if you want it clean or down the folded edge if you like the frayed look. Pull thread to gather strip.
3.Start making the flower by wrapping it into a spiral. If I was making a clip I would use fabric glue to hold it together. I wanted to be sure they could go through the wash okay, so I took a needle and thread and sewed the back together. Just keep going through the layers securing the flower.
 4. Sew flowers on the shirt.
                                              Sweet and Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...