Thursday, March 17, 2011

Embellishing A Solid Shirt!

   Add some flare to those plain shirts!  This solid shirt needed a little embellishment!  I found some scrap fabric and three buttons that would dress this shirt up a bit. Now it has color and looks more fun!

Supplies needed: scrap fabric, solid shirt, buttons, sewing machine, needle and thread
 1. I cut the scrap fabric into a rectangle and centered it near the top, on the front of the shirt. I liked the frayed looked and so left the edges raw. Pin and sew a zigzag stitch around the rectangle 1/4" from edge.  I went around twice.
 2. Position the buttons where you want them. I centered them in the middle of the rectangle. Sew them on with a needle and thread.  I matched my thread to the color of the buttons.   DONE!! Yippee!!
                                                Cute and Simple!
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...